Thursday, February 18, 2010

Eqivalency Theory discussion - week 3

February 17, 2010

The discussion around equivalency theory has made me reflect more on the topic of understanding and constructive criticism. One of the many aspects of education that I am learning, is that everyone can construct their own thoughts and beliefs on readings and not all will have the same conclusion. Through the discussion postings it is always a bit nerve racking to place your thoughts out for review by others. One thing that I am learning to do better is take the criticism as thoughts on how to improve versus a put down of my work. The posting regarding the equivalency theory made me realize that the postings can be beneficial for me, as this gives everyone a chance to clear up any misunderstandings that I was having. These readings are not easy so far and I am finding myself addicted to dictionary.com to fully grasp the meaning of the words being used.

One of the important things that I have read this week is the concept of being learning-centered. Being learning-centered focuses more on the all inclusive learning experience that focuses on what the learner is learning. The instructor of the course made a good point that practitioners have differences and sometimes they are over the fine points of the argument. However, in this case I think the fine point is something that needed to be made as the terminology will truly reflect the learning experience, rather than the individual learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment