Friday, March 5, 2010

technology in design - Week 6

March 9, 2010

The Jon Dron article has made me reflect more in-depth about the use of technology in design of online courses. The use of technology is discussed by Jon Dron as being well organized; however, course designers need to still maintain effective learning environments. I feel that I am more of a technology follower and forget that technology is not a means to perfection, by this I mean that technology is not going to correct mistakes made in course design and delivery. Technology tends to create a craze around it and it will be important in my future distance education endeavors that I remember that the correct technology will need to be used in the delivery and design of courses. The article will have a major impact on my studies as I tend to become overexcited about the use of technology and all that it will bring to distance education and I forget the down side. I wonder about the future of distance education and how instructors will maintain the new technologies and pedagogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment