Sunday, March 21, 2010

Analytical writings - Week 7

March 14, 2010

The most uncomfortable aspect of this course thus far is reflecting on my learning. The learning journal and the papers have many portions that are analytical and I am finding that I am more of a descriptive person. I have been challenged to be more analytical in my writings through projects (e. g., analytical annotated bibliography and the learning journal) and this has helped some. I am struggling to let go of the descriptive nature and be more analytical in my writings. On the other hand, reading theories has become easier for me, and I feel like I am able to grasp what the authors are saying; more so now, than when the course started. I still need to use the infamous dictionary.com to fully handle the wording in the readings; however, now I can survive without if need be.
I never thought about the implications of a bad course design. In the readings, the discussion revolved around the idea that instruction can have major consequences if not fully planned and reflected on. It will be important as a future practitioner that I truly understand the implications of course design.

No comments:

Post a Comment